We’re excited to have you consider Grace Harbor Church as the place you want to belong. When we become a follower of Christ, we are adopted by God and brought into a family. Our faith is not a private or isolated faith, but a communal faith. We believe this plays itself out in belonging to a particular body of believers, or a local church. It is primarily in this local church context where we find the family through whom we obey the commands of God to love one another, serve one another, confess our sins to one another, and be patient with one another. We believe that belonging and covenanting with a local expression of the church is vital for every believer.
Our Covenant Membership Class is the place to go to hear about what we believe about God, and what God is doing at Grace Harbor.
Attending a covenant membership class is one step in a multi-step process. Don’t worry, attending a class does not automatically make you a member. This class is great to attend to just hear more about the vision and beliefs of our church.
If you are interested in attending this scheduled class or have any questions about what it might look like to pursue Covenant Membership, we would love to talk with you! Follow the link at the bottom of this page to sign up for the next covenant membership class!
What does the process look like in becoming a Covenant Member at Grace Harbor?
- An initial meeting with a pastor at Grace Harbor Church prior to attending a Covenant Membership Class. This may take place in a variety of ways and doesn’t have to be in a formal manner(i.e. at a dinner table or over coffee). The goal in this is for a relational connection within Grace Harbor Church.
- Attend a Grace Harbor Covenant Member Meeting(held every three months).
- Following attendance at a Covenant Membership Meeting, schedule a meeting with a Grace Harbor Pastor within 30 days. This meeting will allow you to share your personal testimony of salvation and baptism, as well as allow us to hear that you have the ability to communicate a basic understanding of the Gospel. This meeting will also allow us to answer any questions you may have.
- Turn in a signed copy of the membership covenant to communicate your desire and understanding of becoming a member of Grace Harbor Church.
- Following this 30 day period, Grace Harbor will take time in a Sunday Gathering to recognize new members. We refer to this as “Family Sunday”.
- An annual membership “check-in” with a Grace Harbor Pastor or leader. This allows for a formal opportunity to give feedback and encouragement in areas of membership and ministry.